Monday, April 13, 2015

The Fly in the (Virtual) Ointment

Playing a game against the computer
How could an opponent be any cuter?

For each of my tits in response is a tat
Absent any emotion, all just matter of fact.

It's not like playing chess with the local clown
Who feigns sardonic wit with the occasional putdown.

Just about everything about it with the computer is better
And on the rare day that I win, I've earned a red letter.

There's just one problem that sometimes causes me to shrug.
Once in a while in the game's program you'll find a bug.

I don't mean the type that would render the game inert.
I've never experienced that though if I did it would hurt.

I'm talking instead about discovering a cheat,
Which allows you to claim victory though really you were beat.

Winning that way tends to spoil the fun
And soon thereafter with that game you're done.

No comments:

Post a Comment